Saobraćajni institut CIP d.o.o. on behalf of the Consortium formed of CIP and the Faculty of Transport and Traffic Engineering, University of Belgrade, concluded the contract with the “Serbian Railways Infrastructure” JSC for preparation of the Technological Study of the Belgrade Railway Junction Development necessary for the preparation of planning and technical documentation for the city of Belgrade.
The main objectives of the Study are:
- Proposal for reconstruction of the existing and development of the new public railway infrastructure for freight and passenger trains in the Belgrade Railway Junction;
- Establishment of efficient rail system as part of the unified system of passenger transport in the city of Belgrade;
- Increasing the level of integration with all existing and future passenger transport modes in the city of Belgrade;
- Increasing the level of railway traffic safety and reliability;
- Increasing the environmental suitability of the public transport system by reduction of negative environmental impacts of the system in accordance with the principles of sustainable development and energy efficiency.