The Structural Engineering Team successfully performs the following tasks:
– Viaduct and bridge design, for all purposes, spans, structural systems, cross sections and materials (steel, reinforced concrete, prestressed and composite structures),
– Overpasses, underpasses, pedestrian subways, railway and road culverts designs,
– Railway and road tunnels and galleries, and special types of underground infrastructure facilities designs,
– High structures designs (towers, antenna poles and GSMR masts, high bridge piers),
– Engineering structures designs (structures for protection of deep cuts and slopes, retaining walls, anchored walls and structures, pile structures, reinforced earth walls, rehabilitation of landslides),
– Noise wall design,
– Preparation of designs for rehabilitation and reconstruction of existing railway and road bridges and tunnels,
– Testing of structures, testing of railway and road bridges.
Some members of the Structural Engineering Team dealing with structural design of buildings for various purposes: residential, commercial, medical, educational, buildings for infrastructure purposes, etc., work in the Architecture and Urban Planning Department.
The Structural Engineering Team prepares technical documentation at all levels: General designs, Conceptual designs, Preliminary designs, Building permit designs and Detailed designs.