Bridge with access traffic areas on existing piers of the former Franz Joseph Bridge and the reconstruction of existing tunnel to the Petrovaradin Fortress upper plateau
Construction design of the new Franz Joseph pedestrian/cycling bridge in Novi Sad includes development of several spatial and functional segments:
– Construction of access ramps to the bridge and landscaping the ground on Novi Sad side along Cara Lazara Boulevard from the intersection with Stevana Musića Street to the intersection with Radnička Street;
– Construction of the bridge on the former bridge piers. The bridge structure is a continuous steel lattice girder of 412.0 m span;
– Reconstruction of Kamenički Put Street at the foot of Petrovaradin Fortress, construction of access ramps to the bridge and landscaping of rampart along Kamenički Put Street;
– Renovation and development of former railway tunnel including construction of new tunnel branch and tunnel shaft for elevators and stairs. The total length of existing tunnel that will be reconstructed is 355 m;
– Exit to the Fortress and landscaping of parking area on the former guardhouse location;
– Reconstruction of the road and access to the tunnel in the “Lovoturs” zone, and installation of prefabricated toilet.